how we iterate and collaborate with creators at egghead
- We serve both instructors and learners as clients. Both of these groups of folks have different needs and desired outcomes, which layers complexity and lends itself into a slow slide towards entropy.
- but what I absolutely love about what Wes does is that all of his courses are very high quality, unique experiences. They aren’t cookie-cutter. They have a bespoke feel and deliver a high quality effective learning experience.
- As a business, we at egghead want to make nice things that help people achieve their goals in life.
- We want to help software developers climb the engineering ladder.
- And beyond the technical skills that you need, egghead as a platform enables web developers to teach everything they know with a trusted production partner that has their back and takes care of the 1000s of details like a good platform should.
- This is the kind of home run success (Kent’s Epic React product) that people notice, and makes people think “oh ya, I want some of that!”
- So how do we get there with individuals and take our collaboration to the next level of partnership?
Course Collaboration Levels
- The Basic Course: high-quality, but relativelty low collaboration effort primarily driven by the content creator in the spirit of JFDI.
- The Utility Course: A high quality course with moderate collaboration. will usually have a simple high-quality illustration, copywriting, and some marketing hype.
- The Feature Course: A very high quality course with full instructional design collaboration, visual design, and extras. This is a “must watch” course for a particular topic. Will have a budget, schedule, supporting materials, marketing and the full attention of our production staff.
- The Epic Course: This is a cornerstone of the egghead catalog. Take a feature level course and then get ambitious as fuck
- The Partner Course: A true WBaaS experience. We are limited only by our imaginations. Usually if we are at the partner level we will have a handful of courses at the other levels that got us to this point!