Lightning Pool Is Open for Business: Lease Liquidity, Earn Returns, Stack Sats
- Lightning Pool: a non-custodial, peer-to-peer marketplace for Lightning node operators to buy and sell channels.
- released in November 2nd 2020
- Lightning Pool makes it easier to instantly accept Lightning payments, and opens up the new possibility of earning a yield on bitcoin by selling access to liquidity on Lightning.
- When node operators can more efficiently deploy their capital it improves the network as a whole, making it more reliable and resilient for everyone.
- Go client & gRPC + REST APIs
- Since lnd’s mainnet launch in 2018, we’ve heard about the pain points developers and node operators on Lightning were experiencing. The most important of these is that inbound liquidity is a scarce resource that takes time and skill to efficiently allocate.
- The most scalable way to meet this demand is a deep, two-sided marketplace for buyers and sellers. Lightning Pool is just that.
- Using Pool, node operators can now be paid for opening up new channels and providing inbound liquidity. This opens the door to new sources of revenue for leasing out liquidity and deploying capital on Lightning.
- Pool solves this problem with pricing signals, bringing nodes out of the dark by showing when and where the market is demanding liquidity.
- With today’s mainnet alpha release, Lightning Pool is now open to any user running an active routing node. To ensure a good experience, the alpha version by default matches liquidity purchasers only with well-connected nodes as measured by our Bos Score rating system.